June 30, 2018, Council of Teaching Filipino Language and Culture (CTFLC) under the leadership of Myrna Ablana, CTFLC President, gathered at Skyline HIlls Library Branch to have its annual CTFLC Professional Development Workshop.
Here are the following presentations:
- “Reading Fluency and Vocabulary Development using Quizlet” - Ms. Farah Divah E. Mendoza (Sweetwater High School)
- “How to Write a Poem for Beginners” - Ms. Virginia Ferrer (Retired Teacher)
- “Kagan Strategies and the World Language” - Ms. Salvacion Devera (Montgomery High School)
- “Writing for Beginners and Quickwrite Prompts” - Ms. Grace Almazar (Olympian High School)
- “Presentation and Questions on Benefits and Retirement - Ms. Blancaflor Villanueva (Retired Teacher)
- “Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy: An Alternative Approach” - Dr. Ofelia C. Rayos
- “Pinoy Pala Ako” - Ms. Maria Fontimayor (Naval Special Warfare FLP)
Ms. Rizalyn Cruz, Otay Ranch High School Teacher, facilitated the workshop. In between of presentation, there were ice breakers, which could be used in the classroom. Also, prizes were given to the winning tickets. Later, participants completed an evaluation form to gather feedback for next year’s professional development. At the end of the workshop, the entire presenters and participants were given certificate of recognition for sharing teaching best practices and their participation.